And back to work today as well. Trying to recoop and get settled back into life. Be back after a short commercial break.
Tag Archives: life
Happy Holidays all! I’ll be off in the frozen land of Washington, DC for the holidays this year to celebrate with the boyfriend’s family. And oh man am I excited, have I mentioned that I’ve never actually seen real snow? And did I also mention that DC has been experience a flurry of blizzardness (yes. it is a word.)? Anywho I wanted to wish all of you who celebrate a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I appreciate that you take time out of your day to visit me and to comment on all my little happenings 🙂
I’ll meet you here in January! Hope you all have a happy, healthy 2010! Cheers!
Last week my seester and I FINALLY finished up her Save the Dates for her upcoming wedding! yayyyy!! I designed them and we cranked them out at home on her printer and had a mini assembly line going to get them all in the mail. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. The smaller cards have the hotel info on them an I thought it’d be cute to use some embroidery string to tie them up along with the save the dates themselves so all the guests received a little mini package of information. Yay for seester’s wedding now on to the invitations themselves!
This is my gift guide for anyone out there shopping for silly nerdy girls such as myself. What can I say? Those are my people. Any of these lovely things would definitely make me swoon if they just so happened to be under the christmas tree 🙂
2. The Nikon D3000, I like it because it’s fairly inexpensive for this type of camera. But it’s definitely probably still too pricey for me. Maybe if Santa’s feeling generous heehee
3. One Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker. I want I want I want. Being new to sewing and all I can’t of anything more perfect than a lovely book full of small projects to start off with!
4. Akzidenz Grotesk in Fabric. I’m such a type nerd. Truly.
5. Amy Butler’s In Stitches. Another lovely sewing book, maybe a person can’t have too many…?
6. Animal Prints by Sharon Montrose. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE PRINTS! They are too beautiful, these are some of my faves but there’s lots more!
Yayyyy!! Unique LA is having a Mini Market event this weekend, I love Unique LA. Their events are a great way to see/experience/purchase local crafters/artists seling their wares. Which are things that so good for the community! I love Unique LA events and all the fun things that go on around them. It’s awesome and if you haven’t gone to one, go to this one! Good times will be had by all, including me! Woohoooo! This weekend’s event will be held at Space 1520. Space 1520, also super cool, went there this past Sunday for Bike Day LA. And although my biking skills are far off from the others who attended this event it was still really awesome.
Anywho, back to Unique LA, the event will feature DJ sets, awesome deals on handmade local items, and drinks! What could be bad about that? Go there, partake, enjoy!